Looking for a quick weeknight meal? Here’s a winner from my week – apple turkey (or beef) burgers! Combine all ingredients (below) in a bowl and form ~6 patties. Over medium-high heat, sear patties in a TBS of oil (2-3mins). Then bake the patties for 12 to 15 minutes at 375. Add sliced cheddar in the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking and serve on a toasted bun.
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
Onion – 1, diced
Apple, tart – 1, peeled & diced
Ground turkey – 1 lb.
Apple cider vinegar – 2 tsp.
Bread crumbs – 1/2 cup
And our vendors have you covered! Apples from Quaker Valley and Reid’s Orchard, cheddar cheese from Spring Gap Mountain Creamery, buns from Atwater and ground beef from Groff’s Content. Read below for all the other goodies our vendors have in store for this week. We’ll see you Saturday from 9am-1pm!
- Buskers. Juels Bland, songwriter and guitarist from 11-1. This 23 year old singer/songwriter joins us from Silver Spring.
- DC Health Link Van. DC Health Link is an online marketplace to help individuals, families, and small business owners in the District of Columbia shop, compare, and select health insurance. Their van will join us from 9am-12pm.
- Tonic: Come hungry! Tonic will join us with some delicious samples.
- Children’s Play Area: We love kids! Make your market trip a family affair. Shop with your young-ones and then relax and play in our kids space. We’ll bring the toys!
Pleasant Pops: Back for their 5th year at the market which inspired their name, Pleasant Pops will have Black Cherry Yogurt, Strawberry Ginger Lemonade, Chongos: Mexican Sweet Cream and Cinnamon, and Rosemary Grapefruit. Be sure to pay them a visit!
People’s Bao: Peter has Chinese steamed edamame buns with tender, slow roasted free range pork or duck. Also available are hot Asian soups to enjoy at the market or cold to take home.
Quaker Valley Orchards: Apples – honeycrisp, Fuji, Mutsu, stayman. Cider, apple sauce and butter, dried honeycrisp chips, kraut, tomato sauce, honey, popping corn, jam in tart cherry, blue and blackberry.
Reid’s Orchard: Cider, a variety of apples and herb plants to get your garden started!
Atwater’s Bread: Naturally leavened, hand shaped loaves like Irish Brown, Peasant Wheat, Sunflower Flex, Sesame Wheat, Struan, Ten Grain, Spelt, Olive, Caraway Rye, Raisin Pumpernickel, Raisin Walnut, Cranberry Pecan, Jalapeno Cheddar, Catonsville Sourdough, Rosemary Italian, Country White, Ciabatta, baguettes. As well as luscious sweets – Seasonal pies, Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Molasses Ginger Cookies, Snickerdoodles, Apricot Bran Muffins, Coffee Cake Pecan Muffins, Mixed Fruit Scones, our Good Food Award winning jam, Fruit & Nut Granola, Cherry Chocolate Granola, Seasonal Teacakes, brownies, and pound cake.
Groff’s Content Farm – Beef: steaks, short ribs, roasts, jerky, ground beef. Lamb. Most pork cuts. Eggs. Complete raw meat dog food. Tallow soaps.
Spring Gap Mountain Creamery: Fresh from Paw Paw, WV, four cheeses: Jersey Gold gouda, Shenandoah Sunrise tomme, Sophie’s Select cheddar and Farmhouse Feta.
Truck Patch Farms – Fresh from the greenhouse: lettuce spring mix, arugula, kale, swiss chard, red beets.
Truck Patch Meat Department –Pork sausage- Applewurst, Country, Ground, Italian hot and sweet, Maple, Sage. Bacon. Pork loins chops, and roast. Shoulder roast bone in and boneless, Shoulder chops, Ribs, and Hams steaks. Whole chickens as well as parts. Turkey parts. Eggs.
- Friends of the National Arboretum have a fantastic workshop line-up this spring. Explore their upcoming events for a training on correctly fertilizing your lawn, a tour of the cherry blossoms on their grounds, and more!
- After the market head to the Salon De Libertad: At the Lamont Street Collective. Calling artists, poets, filmographies, dancers, musicians, neighbors and friends! Contribute creative works or activities to the Salon style art show! Or come to enjoy the art, music, workshops, and festivities of the day. Fun for the kids as well. From 2-11pm at 1822 Lamont St.